Doubt clearing session for 2019 CSE

Doubt clearing session 2018-2019. All Aspirants are requested to participate.

IASUPSC Forum offers Live Doubt Clearing Session for all Civil Services Aspirants. On this Platform everyone can attend and clear all Doubts and misconceptions without any consulting Fee. We will try to resolve every query or will provide links to resolve your queries.

Please post your doubts and queries below in comment section. You may ask any question related to preparation or share your difficulties during preparation. This is helpful for freshers as well as those who are repeatedly failing to get their name in the final list. Yours queries may vary from as simple questions as "How to start preparation?" to a complex question such as How to bring creativity in your answers?".

Capture

Other useful information:
We would like to Discuss here about the current Trend in Civil Services examination:
There has been a paradigm shift in the UPSC civil services exam in recent years reflecting both the pattern and the nature of questions asked. In the past, the questions asked were direct and mostly factual. There were current affairs questions too. In recent years, the focus of the UPSC has shifted entirely.
The UPSC has displayed a shift in focus from ‘what’ to ‘why’. Instead of asking direct questions, it is asking indirect and analytical questions. Direct questions required the candidate to write in a straightforward manner. But the analytical questions are not so easy. You not only have to know the fact, you also have to go behind the scenes. You must understand the ‘why’ aspect of it also.
The reason behind the change in the questions is that the UPSC wants to recruit ‘thinking’ people into service. It wants officers who can analyze and think and make tough decisions in trying times. That is why, the UPSC civil services exam, today is a test of many things, knowledge being only one of them. It tests analytical ability, decision-making skills, logical thinking and pressure-handling abilities of a candidate.

Trend

It is clear from the above graph that the number of current affairs questions have been increased and major percentage of questions are asked from the current affairs. Current affairs not only play a key role in Prelims but it also plays a major role in Mains and Interview. We have provided daily current affairs from all the major sources like PIB,PRS,the Hindu News Paper, The Indian Express, Yojana and other important sources Link for Daily Current Affairs Current Affairs.
We also conduct Test Series for Prelim which give full coverage to Dynamic as well as static portions of the syllabus, for full details please visit this link Test Series.

Please attend doubt clearing session on 26 August 2018. You can post your Queries /Comments below in comment section.
Doubht clearing 11

Capture

Comments

• Hi, I am born on 14th May 1987, please advise if I am eligible for UPSC prelims 2019. I belong to OBC too, Also how shall I prepare for prelims since I am a working woman; please advise some tips how to go ahead with this.
  • Upper Age limit prescribed by UPSC for candidates belonging to OBC is 35 years of age. This means that you are eligible for UPSC CSE Prelim 2019.
    Further, as you are a working aspirant, following tips may be helpful:
    1. Try to invest 4 to 5 hours daily for self study.
    2. Maximum utilization of weekends or holidays.
    3. Keep your study source handy. You may relay more on onlince sources.
    4. You may activelively participate in discussion on relevant topics with your collegues. CSE is more about understanding of the world and things happening around you.
  • Hi Sir, please suggest how to improve Vocabulary ?
  • What are the age limit and the number of attempts permitted to write UPSC Civil Services Exam?
  • Hi, my age is 37 and i am OH candidate. Is i am eligible for UPSC 2019?
  • I'm doing B.Com. and also preparing for UPSC(civil services), after completing graduation i have to wait for one year for UPSC exam as i will become eligible in next year for upsc exam. So what do you suggest should i do Master degree while preparing for UPSC Exam.
  • Hi, please guide on how to write answers in correct way in Mains.
  • Please guide how to prepare for the Interview.
  • Hi, Will I get an exam-center of my choice for Preliminary Exam?
  • How should a fresher begin IAS exam preparation? and what are the important books to read for each subject in Prelims and Mains?
  • edited September 1
    @Maqssod and @RAJ090 :
    The number of attempts for IAS exam:
    • General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
    • The number of attempts for IAS exam: OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
    • The number of attempts for IAS exam: SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
    • NB: Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belonging to General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC – 42 years.
    The minimum age to appear for IAS Exam is 21 years. This means that the candidate must have at least 21 years of age on 1st August of that given year when the exam is held.
    • Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
    • Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
    • Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
    • Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
    • Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
    • Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons (general category): 42 years.
    • Apart from the mentioned limits, OBC/ SC/ ST candidates will get the benefit of cumulative age relaxation. This means age relaxations gets added in special cases, say, for example, if the person is OBC + Ex-service men, he will get an extension of 5 + 7 = 12 years, ie his upper age limit now stands at 42 years.
  • @Saonalk:
    To right better answers in mains it is important to understand the question completely and to stick to the word limit.
    Use keywords and Quotes in your answer. If possible use charts/maps/subheadings to make your answer better than others.Use examples in supoort of your answer.
  • @Jsingh:
    Following points related to the allocation of IAS 2018 Exam Center must be remembered by every candidate:
    • Allotment of IAS 2018 Exam Center is done on ‘first-apply-first allot’ basis
    • Once the capacity of a particular IAS Exam Center is completely filled that center gets frozen and no candidate is able to choose that IAS Exam Center after that
    • It is under the discretion of IAS that the IAS 2018 Exam Centers and the date of examination can be changed
    • Applicants must note that there only limited number of candidates are allotted to each of the IAS 2018 Exam Center, except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur
    • Applicants who fail to get IAS 2018 Examination Center of his/her choice, are required to choose an exam center from the remaining ones only
    • if the situation demands, the commission reserves the right to change the IAS Civil Services 2018 Exam Center at their discretion
    • Applicants are advised to apply early so that they can get the desired IAS Examination Center
    • No request for the change of IAS 2018 Exam Center is entertained under any circumstance
    • All the IAS 2018 Examination Center for CS (P) 2018 Examination caters to examination for Low Vision Candidates in their respective center
    • Candidates admitted to the examination are informed of the time table and place or places of IAS 2018 Examination
  • edited September 2
    @Akaash9:
    For a fresher it is important to get a good understanding of UPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern first and than gather information about relavent books required for civil serives exam prepration. Stick to limited sources. Not just restrict yourself to reading also focus on conceptual clarity and time taken to right answer.
    Important books for UPSC please refer this link:
    Important Books
  • Sir,
    I have changed my name in state govt Gazette & have the gazette notification copy. I wish to apply for civil service exam next year. My 10th,12th & Degree certificates are in OLD name. Besides, changed all my ID proofs to NEW name. Will they accept my name change if i apply in new name?
    Moreover, in DAF what extra docs. should I upload OR what is the solution while uploading certificates with old name? (Also, in the final process can I produce gazette notification copy along with certificates holding the OLD name?)
    Please advise a solution to the above matter.